Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter Sunday
















Easter Sunday was no doubt, lots of fun. Nick was sick, so I was flying solo at church with the girls. I think they were a little antsy because the Easter Bunny hadn't come yet. He decided that it's best for him to come after church to we don't have to fight over taking any candy or toys with us. We reminded Emma all day Sunday and a couple days before that Easter isn't about the easter bunny, candy or easter egg hunts, it's about the Resurrection and the life of Jesus Christ. She was very good to remember and to listen. Maggie is still too young to get it. She just loves the suckers in her easter basket. Hence the reason her mouth is all blue. Love those blue suckers!! We were able to enjoy a little time together as a family and then my parents, Mari & her room mate Rebecca, Grandma Holyoak, and of course Cole, came over for dinner. Aly was on Choir Tour in California and we missed her a whole lot, that's why we invited Cole, to have a little piece of Aly with us (that's her man). Grandma & Grandpa Cook came with a few more gifts for the family, books for the girls & Enchanted! Nick and I got a FHE box. My smart mom knows me all too well. I always need help there. I made pumpkin rice soup, nobody was too sure about it at first, but they all liked it and there wasn't a single drop left over. Even Cole, the pumpkin-anything-hater enjoyed it. We played some games and tried to eat dessert, but no doubt, I screwed it up. It was an eclair type dessert w/vanilla pudding, but I bought the wrong kind...the cook & serve, not the instant....my bad. Oh well, we had enough candy to fill up every one's sugar needs. But most importantly, we got to spend time together as a family and remember the great importance of Easter & the sacrifice made for us to be an eternal family and return to our Father in Heaven and Savior. Hope you all enjoyed your day!

2 comments:

robyne said...

Amy,
Hey Sweetie, it is me Robyne..I am having a blast checking out all my former YW blogs...I even have one now, ya, I try to keep up with you youngsters! Your kids are adorable as always! Hope to see you soon!
Love Ya,
Robyne

Tina said...

You kids love the camera! That is so awesome! I found you and added you to my blog!