Monday, April 14, 2008

The Meanest Mom Ever

The image “http://www.entertainmentwallpaper.com/images/desktops/movie/hannah_montana1.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Okay, who knew Hannah Montana could cause so many problems. I'll explain... Emma, Maggie and myself go shopping for Emma's summer clothes, she has very little and needs a lot more. So we go to target and then head over to Kohl's. They always have lots of cute skirts and I've been informed that she won't wear any shorts, just "skirts that twirl and cute dresses." So we go to the little girls section and find skirts and some jammies. Unfortunately, she also saw the purses. Now anyone who knows Emma knows she loves purses. She sees this Hannah Montana purse and "just has to have it!" I told her no...wow...wrong answer! She flipped out. Screaming and crying and making a scene. I had to keep telling myself "I love my girls, I love being a mom." She sits down and tells me she won't leave until she gets it. So I pick her up and Maggie starts crying and trying to dive out of the cart. I told her we wouldn't buy anything and we leave. I had to literally drag her out of the store. It finally started to hurt so she stood up. We get to the car and she tells me I'm the meanest mom ever! You know, I can handle that. So we have a good chat. I ask her, "Why do you need another purse?" Emma: "It has a fun arm handle thingy!" Mom: "How many purses do you have right now?" Emma: "12." 12!! For a 4 year old I think that's plenty. So she tells me that she wants a new family and she's leaving the house. So I ask her where is she going..."To Grandma and Grandpa Powell's! They'll buy my whatever I want!" I laughed so hard, that's funny! She needs to ask her dad about that. Anyway, I tell her I'm going back in to buy the skirts and she needs to wait in the car. Her response..."FINE!!! But then you take me to live at Grandma's!!!" She actually did calm down and realized how silly it was to flip out like that. We had a really good chat about how she acts and how it affects her and me. I assured her because of the way she acted she'll never get that purse. Again, I was told I'm the meanest mom ever. But that line actually makes me feel good. I must be doing something right if she thinks I'm horrible right??

5 comments:

Michelle said...

okay, that's hilarious. You are so mean! Just kidding. I lover her comments about her grandparents. That's so funny. You are a great mom! Any logical mom would have done the same thing. stand you ground!

Lindsay said...

Well done Amy! I haven't had anything like that yet, but when I do, I hope i can handle it as well as you did. That is a story for the record books that you can razz her about her entire life... Hilarious!

Marissa said...

Way to lay it down. I would have done the same thing. Come to think of it, I probably have at some point. My kids can be such runts when we're out and about. It's fabulous!

BTW, Love the Dave Matthews music... There is nothing more glorious!!!

Jaynie said...

Being the meanest mom has got to be a compliment! Love the drama.

Anonymous said...

Amy, you have the cutest family. Way to go on Being the meanest mom! I think most of us have had that title. But just wait as soon as you give her something that she wants you will be the best mom in the world. Oh this is Kari Mons by the way!