Thursday, February 7, 2008

Will this never end???


Okay so sunday, it snowed like CRAZY at our house. We have 9:00 church and since Emma & Maggie had a cough, I decided to keep them home. So Nick went solo. He comes home at 10:30 and says they've cancelled church because of the snow. I thought he was lying. But no really, they cancelled church, it's just around the corner. But people couldn't get out of their driveways and so there really weren't a lot of people there. Insane! So I got on my shoveling gear, and went out to shovel. Nick stayed inside and made a cake...no joke. But there is a reason for that, his back goes out pretty easy and the last thing we need is for it to go out on him. So I shoveled the driveway with the help of a couple neighbors. But as I'd already shoveled what felt like every day that week, I was pretty sick of it. So I gave nick an ultimatum..... (1) we buy a snowblower or (2) we put our house up for sale and move to St George asap. I really wish he took me seriously. Well, we ended up with 14 inches, it felt like 24. But I don't want to hear anything about a drout this summer, ezpecially since it's snowing as I type.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

That is so crazy. We've had a lot of snow up here too but not that much. I say we blame it on "global warming..." Oh wait a minute, that wouldn't make any sense, now, would it.

Amber said...

you go tough girl! I am way impressed you shoveled all that snow. help or no help from neighbors, that is a tough job, espicially last Sunday. Tell Nick I think he should buy a snowblower! (You know he would if it was his job to shovel) ;)

Amanda said...

We're in England right now and everyone keeps telling us about the crazy weather. I have to admit I'm happy I'm not there. We come home in less than two weeks and I hope the worst of it is over. It's not hot here by any means, but right now the sun is shining and I don't have to wear a big coat to go outside.

Amanda said...

Oh, one more thing! They canceled our ward back home as well, and that's only the second time I've heard of church being canceled in all my years in Utah. Crazy!

Jamie said...

happy valentines day!