Thursday, January 17, 2008

St George/New Years


So we had already decided that we'd go to St. George, like we do every year. But we switched from going on Christmas night, to going on January 3rd. Randy & Kim went down first & Nick stayed home to keep the lot open. We sunday, December 30th, Nick's mom calls us and says, "Where are you!?!" "Um...at home." So she asks when we're coming down and I told her on the 3rd. So she put Randy on the phone and I put Nick on the phone & they made an executive decision to not work on new years eve. So we went down on Monday, the 31st and got to enjoy the warmer weather until tuesday Jan 7th. It was a much needed break and we so much enjoyed our time there with Grandma & Grandpa Powell. We did a little too much shopping (as always), a little too much snacking (again, as always), and we even sneaked in a couple of date nights. It was great. Emma got to paint with grandma and she loved it. We really did enjoy our time down there and are grateful that KP & Sherry were so kind and generous.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds great. What I wouldn't give for warm weather right now.

Nick asked about "babywise". It's a book on how to get your baby to sleep through the night. It's called "On Becoming Babywise". There are some parts that are a little extreme, but overall it's a great book.

Janelle said...

Hey,,, I noticed the name change... Thanks for that. Sorry I didn't have your email address. We were in St. George too for New Year's. It was nice to see the sun again, all day!