He's finally here! After a lot of anticipation, our cute little boy was born on Tuesday, December 1st. I started having contractions that morning around 4 am. They were far enough apart that I could sleep in between them. But around 6 am they started getting a lot closer. So Nick got up and started getting things ready. We were pretty much ready to go, but just a few little things we needed to get together. I was really hoping that we wouldn't have to leave real soon, the girls were sleeping and I knew once we got them in the car they were awake for good. But around 7:00 am we packed them in and headed to Grandma & Grandpa Powell's house. Emma realized what was going on and was thrilled beyond belief. She was so cute, while we were on the way, I was having a bad contraction. She sits right behind the passenger side, so she reached up as far as she could and started rubbing my shoulders and reminding me to breathe. It was so sweet! So we got the girls dropped off and headed to the hospital, fortunately right next to the grandparents house! We got checked in and by 8 am they were getting my epidural in. How do people not want those??? After that I was feeling great! My dad and mom both went into work, but left early. Dad showed up around 9:30 and then mom showed up at 10:30. She just barely made it on time, they had me start pushing around 11:00 and our sweet little Lance got here at 11:07. He weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long. He's got big hands and big feet, I love it!




He's been such a good baby! We brought him home from the hospital on Thursday and since then my girls have been my shadow. They follow me everywhere I go, as long as I'm carrying Lance. They love holding him and watching him. They think this is pretty wonderful. They want to hold him all the time, I have to remind them that he's here for good, there's plenty of time to hold him. Nick and I are pretty excited to have our little boy! Nick has been awesome. He took the week off of work and has had the girls entertained and taken care of. I feel so lucky to have such a good support here at home with me. He's already been pee'd on and hasn't decided he's done changing diapers yet. It's much appreciated! Thanks Nick for everything, you're the best!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
The New Arrival
Posted by Amy Powell at 9:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Congratulations!!! That's so exciting. He's such a cutie. I love that Emma was so excited and concerned for you in the car. You have such a cute family and how awesome of Nick to take the whole week off!!! We can't wait to see him!
congrats you guys! boys are so much fun! ps hes SO CUTE!!!
Awwwww! He is adorable. Congratulations on your little man, I'm so excited for you. I wish you a happy and quick recovery Amy! Good job and good luck with the adjustment to three little ones.
He is so adorable Amy! I'm glad you are doing well and enjoying having your little baby boy! We want to come see him, but we have all been sick, except Dave, but when we are all very healthy we would love to come see you guys! Congratulations again!!
Cute little guy! Hope you are feeling great!
CONGRATS!!! He's soooo cute- what FUN to have a new lil' one in your home. Kelly had called to fill me in & I was so happy for you. Sounds like things went well- GOOD LUCK! Make sure to gget some sleep, when you can.
a late congratulations to you guys!!! I agree with your scare of RSV, it sucks to be cooped up at home, but worth it huh? hope to see you guys soon :)
Post a Comment