I know I'm horrible at posting, life is just super crazy. I can barely keep my house clean and now that Lance is crawling, it's worse. But I have to say, I'm pretty happy. I have 3 wonderful kids and a wonderful husband. What more can I ask for??
Where do I start to catch up? I'm not sure I really can. So I'll just kinda give status updates on all of us. Emma, 7 going on 17, just finished 1st grade and is very happily moving on to 2nd. Our school is switching to a traditional schedule instead of year round. For the most part, I'm pretty happy about this. But I will admit, those little breaks between were sometimes nice and made vacation planning a lot easier. But with the change comes a change in the time. She will now start school at 8:05 and get out at 2:40. I'm not thrilled with that. The high school and middle school are right by her school and they will all three be out of school within 15 minutes of each other. As if I wasn't too crazy about the traffic before, add a bunch of teenage high schoolers on the road. I'm rethinking whether I want Emma to walk home or not. Let's be real, new drivers aren't all that careful. They'll be all over in the neighborhoods not paying attention and speeding through the school zones. We'll see how I feel about it after school starts. We had a friends birthday party for Emma, and had a lot of fun. It was a pajama theme and Mari had this cute idea for these candy sushi rolls. They turned out so cute!! Mari and Nick worked hard on them and the kids loved them. We made about 40 and there were only 4 left at the end of the party. Emma also did
soccer for the first time and really enjoyed it! She was a little timid at first, but she really got the hang of it and had a lot of fun.


Maggie will be starting preschool this fall. She is so excited. She's been asking me for the last couple months when she gets to go to school. She's just turned 4. We've had to do some major convincing that she isn't 5 and in 1st grade. Poor girl :) She's for sure my child, short and a little clumsy. While Emma is tall and coordinated like Nick. Please let Lance get Nick's genes too! Maggie got her first friends birthday party this year. We did a princess scavenger hunt, which was a lot of fun. But it was all supposed to be outside, thanks to the crazy winds, it didn't happen that way. But the girls didn't know any different. Maggie had a blast and enjoyed spending it with her friends. She's a cute little stinker. We also had our family birthday party the sunday before. We usually just have both sides of the family over at the same time. Luckily they don't mind and get along really well. Maggie was so excited, but a little confused. We had to remind her that sunday wasn't her birthday, just the birthday party. So every day after that, "Is it my birthday yet??" Soon enough her birthday came and as a family we went to see "The Last Airbender". We all really enjoyed it. Maggie was thrilled. She had a good birthday and that's what was most important.



Our little Lance is growing up so fast. He's already 7 months. It's gone by so fast. He's now crawling all over and loves to be chased. He just giggles the whole time. It's so cute! Everyone asks how it is having a little boy after having 2 girls. I think it's still too early to tell. He's such a good baby. He's a great sleeper and a really content kid. We've noticed that he doesn't really like to be touched our bugged while he's on the floor playing. He just likes to be left alone with his toys. Nobody believes me at first. But it doesn't take long to see it. It's hard for my girls sometimes. They just want to love and play with him, but he gets really grumpy when they try. He's by far my biggest baby, we've already had to get a new car seat. He's grown out of the carrier and is in the kind that you can face backwards and then turn around when they get older. Good thing he's such a cute little stinker! He's about 19 lbs and I can't remember how long. But the Dr says he's in the 95% for boys his age. He's already saying dada, but doesn't know what it means of course. But he talks all the time and wants to be into everything. I'm preparing myself for the craziness now. I'm sure it will only get worse :)


Nick and I are doing really good. I have no complaints. This is the life I've always wanted! Nick is still working hard as ever at All Seasons and is enjoying the golf season. If he didn't love it so much, I wouldn't let him go so much. But it's a great get away for him. He'll pay me back someday....I'm keeping track :) Really though, things are going good. We love our life, we love where we're at and enjoy all of the fun things our kids are up to. Hope all of you are doing well too. And I'll try to be better about my posts, but I make no promises (Jerrica!). ;)

Friday, July 16, 2010
Caution: reading hazard....very long post!!!
Posted by Amy Powell at 9:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Very nice! I am glad to see you are all doing good and keeping busy! Give your all you kids a big hug from their favorite aunt! Sorry Marissa, Mari, Aly, and Jerrica, but it's the truth! Love you!
Those pictures are so dang cute amy. That first one of Lance just made me laugh. He's so big! I miss you guys! Can't wait to come home and play with your cute kids:) Love you!
love love love the updates!
Post a Comment