I know people think it's weird, but Yes, I am in a bowling league. And it's a blast! I love the ladies that I bowl with on my team and I look forward to every Wednesday when we bowl. I can take my kids, and the bowling lanes provide someone to watch them for me. Awesome right? My team mates, Megan, Tina & Shanette, are really laid back and we really just love to go to have fun and have some grown up girl time. Our season is split into two halves and somehow, my team won the first half. So we had to bowl the winners of the second half to see who gets to be the league champions. Any guesses who won? There are a lot of good bowlers in our league, one in particular who is out for the kill every week. Of course that's who's team we bowled yesterday. She's not a very nice person to bowl against and everyone in our league was hoping we'd beat her. We bowl 3 games, and the total score of all 3 games is considered the 4th game. So here's how it went down. The first game, I did horrible, and we lost by 21 pins, it really was my fault we lost. The nasty lady was gloating and being so obnoxious. Maybe that gave me and my team a little more incentive to kick it up a notch. Second game, we won by 11 pins. So we really only need to win by 11 pins for the 3rd game to win overall. So did we do it?? Of course! We didn't win by only 11 pins, we won by 98 pins! The best part was, the rest of the league had finished their games and now are watching ours, cheering for us. Megan had an incredible game, I think 7 strikes in a row. She bowled a 236. We thank Megan for sealing the deal and making it a total blow out! I'm not sure what it is about Megan bowling pregnant, it just morph's her game to a new level :) It was sweet. Really, I know it shouldn't matter that much, but this one lady (I'm trying to be nice and not say her name), she is crazy! She is a very good bowler, but she is rude and nasty and just not a nice person to be around. I don't think we'd have enjoyed the victory as much if we'd played anyone else. Unfortunately that was the last week until we start up again in September. Until we start back up, I'll just have to live on my memories of victory and bowling lane french fries. Thanks Ladies!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Champions
Posted by Amy Powell at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
That was such an awesome day! I very rarely have memories of wins but this one is on the top 10 list of wins for me FOR SURE! Thanks for bowling on my team, I love you to death! Good thing you only live right up the road or I would seriously have withdrawls!
you are so funny! I love bowling, but it seems like I only bowl - well....never! maybe once in the last 4 years! sad! You're so cute!
ha ha that is awesome! I am so impressed you actually updated :)
congratulations!
Congratulations on beating "you know who"!! (I know who she is and I've had to bowl against her...ugh). Bowling is so much fun and I'm happy you ladies did so well.
Wow! That is awesome. Way to go!!! Congratulations! I didn't even know that you were in a bowling league. Keep having a wonderful time.
I'm totally impressed! That sounds like a blast!
Post a Comment