Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Family

So I might just be breaking my blogging record, I'm posting a second time in a week. I know, watch out! Just teasing. I was checking out a lot of other people's blogs and I stumbled on Nick's mission presidents daughter's, Avery. I didn't know her that well, but I've met her a couple of times and liked her. Well she's since been married and has two little kids. Her little girl, maybe a couple of months old, has had some serious heart problems and has Turner's, I'm still not sure what that is. Anyway, so I'm reading her cute posts about how glad she is that her and Bela are home from yet another surgery and long stay in the hospital and how she's looking forward getting things back on track. She gives a list of her daily tasks and the list of times she has to give meds (10 separate times in a day) to Bela. Her posts are always so positive and upbeat, which just makes me feel horribly guilty for my silly complaints about normal life. I'm sure she'd love to just get back to normal and enjoy the stupid things I gripe about. I really am so blessed to have such a wonderful, happy life. I have a fantastic husband and two beautiful, healthy girls. Truly, I do worry all the time about having another baby, what if it's not healthy or what if it needs special care and I'm not able to offer or help with the needs. I know it's stupid, but I worry about that. And then I read Avery's posts and how sweet she is with little Bela and her patience. Not that she'll ever see this, but if you do, Thanks for the reality check Avery! I have so much to be grateful for, and I truly am. I'm not sure my life could get better than this. I have everything I could need and more. And I'm grateful to my Heavenly Father who blesses me with all of these things.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Hey, Amy! It's Jessie Pond (Preston's wife), and I too stumbled upon your blog! I can't believe what a cute little family you have now! Remember how we used to hang out, just the four of us? Now look?!

I would love to get the link to Avery's blog (I remember her too). You can email me the link if that works for you.

jessiepond@yahoo.com

I'm glad we *found* you guys!

Amanda said...

Hi Amy,
I love the new and updated blog! It's adorable.. Can't wait to see you next week at the wedding!
XoXo
Amanda